Being extremely busy at work along with a long commute does not give me too much time to be able to sit down and make things. Here are a few cards I made over the weekend, hopefully I will get to make some more tonight. :)
20 January 2010
Just signed up to do my 5th Relay for Life! Relay for Life raises money for cancer research and awareness and benefits the American Cancer Society. I Relay for my dad, my friend Mike and everyone else who has dealt with this horrible disease. If you would like to donate please visit: www.main.acsevents.org/goto/aag.
KG and his prized peonies :)
KG and his prized peonies :)
06 January 2010
New Years Eve was spent in Annapolis this year with boyfriend Mark and best friend since birth/god-sister Emma and her boyfriend John. Besides the weather being a little rainy and absolutely frigid we had an action packed, memorable night.
Mark and I being Annapolis connoisseurs of sorts, escaping there whenever a free weekend or event allows us, we took the helm on planning our little celebration. (L to R: Mark, Me, Emma, John)
We started at Aqua Terra a fusion restaurant none of us had been to. Emma and John (or Smu as we like to call them) ordered sushi which was delish, however, Mark and I weren't as impressed with our meals; scallops and rib eye. No seasonings and very bland food is not my first preference. But the conversation with Smu was amazingly hilarious as usual, so I can't complain too much.
Next stop, Armadillo's. We enjoyed a few chilled beverages before it got too packed and left at around 11:45 p.m. to head up to Fado's, and boy did we make a great decision. Fado's was packed, but there was still room to dance-and did we ever...
...the boys were all over the place, showing off, dancing with big red and some other bitties. All in all a great night with great friends. :)
Now onto my resolutions for 2010...
This is the first year I have really set any actual goals for the year, so here it goes:
1. Read 50 books- Need to get back into reading every night, it's so calming.
2. Save at least $3,000- Having this extra cash laying around will be nice at the end of the year to either take a vacation or buy something for myself. :)
3. Take a spontaneous road trip- I take planned ones all the time, so a spontaneous one would be very interesting.
4. Get my passport- I have been putting this off for the last few years. I want to be able to travel out of the country whenever...spontaneous road trip?
5. Attempt to blog more- I really want to try to keep up with this.
6. Create an Etsy shop- Show the world my stuff! Check it out here.
7. Take more pictures- photographic evidence of places traveled and people you spent time with are always so lovely. <3
8. Create more- A nice way to get away from things for a little bit.
9. Spend more time with loved ones- You never know how long you have with someone.
10. Explore new places- Who wouldn't want to?!
11. Exercise more often- A healthier me starts with the cliche resolution.
12. Take a Yoga class- I think this will be a fun way to relax and have some "me" time.
13. Learn to cook at least 10 new dishes- I need to eat don't I?
14. Play tennis more often- Such a fun way to release tension and just let loose and have fun!
Hopefully I will be able to stick with the list above and make my first year of making resolutions count. :)