TITLE

PIECE
random ramblings and pictures

28 November 2010

New Sewing Machine

So I got a new sewing machine for my birthday at the end of October, well my first sewing machine. I have been using my moms if I ever do use one. It's a Singer and is cute and little with over 60 different stitch settings.

I've been looking forward to using it, but just haven't had the chance to set it up until this weekend. It's a very nice machine, and I am glad I actually have it set up because now I can just quickly sit down and make something!

Tonight I made three bags. Here they are:

The first one is a simple blue bag with a long strap. The polka dot material is vintage as well as the blue and white quilt piece that became a pocket on the front of the bag. The blue button is vintage as well.








The second one is a cute, new floral material with a vintage pink strap and vintage off white and pink buttons.






The third bag is all new material, a white, pink and green stripped fabric, and a green with pink polka dot fabric. The bag is reversible, and the stripped side has a small pocket on it. 





I got a lot done this weekend. In addition to these three bags, I started a pillow, completed about 8 different rings, about 5 hair clips and re-upholstered a the seats to a cool vintage stool and a great old vintage chair. The chair was re-upholstered with the green and pink polka dot fabric and I absolutely love it. I will have to upload pictures of it later!



No comments: